Harry Weinstein was Rosa Dunie's brother. He came to Fairmont about 1912 and opened his dry goods business in the Jones Building in June, 1913, remaining there until he moved into his own building in June, 1931. Ever the promoter, he ran a full page ad in the Robesonian on the day the tobacco market opened in 1913 offering great bargains to all who came by. He and his wife Yetta had two sons -- Rayford and Morton. Both became doctors and in 1939 opened the Weinstein Clinic together in the future Webster's Pharmacy building. Offices were downstairs and eight hospital beds were upstairs to take care of routine illnesses and childbirth.
Weinstein sold his store in June, 1950 but reentered the business in March, 1951 and died in December, 1953. He was a Mason, a Shriner and active in civic and cultural affairs. He was a town commissioner for multiple terms and was a founding member of the Fairmont Shrine Club, the first such club in the county.